Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a standardised package?
We don't believe in one size fits all approach. We design and deliver tailored programs for your organisation using a variety of approaches to suit your needs, including:
- Face to face coaching
- Online career management tools
- Blended Delivery and Workshops available.
What's the return on my investment?
This is different for each organisation depending on their circumstances. Ultimately the programs deliver improvements in employee satisfaction and engagement which will translate to improvements in performance and retention and ultimately business results.
For example, one satisfied client experienced a 180 degree turnaround in employee satisfaction across their team over a six month period. For this client, this was a business-wide measure of success and great return on investment.
Are your programs right for me?
If you answer YES to any of these questions, then get in touch today to discuss how we can help:
- Ineffective career planning and development?
- Losing good staff to your competition?
- Employees are disengaged and lack accountability?
- Poor productivity and lack of efficiency?
- Low employee satisfaction?
- Staff not utilised to their full potential?
- Staff turnover too high?
- Resistance to change?
- Internal communication issues and/or conflict?
- Loss of knowledge, limit of knowledge sharing and protectionist behaviours?
- Difficulties with succession planning?
Can you help make my team effective?
If you want a great team delivering great performance and to be an employer of choice contact us to discuss your needs.
Our online career management solutions ensure scalable, sustainable improvement for any sized team.
What is Career Development?
At SCM, we define career development as:
“The expansion of a person’s capacity to understand themselves, be effective in their roles and ultimately own their success.”
We achieve this by working with individuals to uncover their strengths and learning areas, develop skills in accessing relevant careers information, make career-related decisions, have respectful career conversations and manage their brand.
Career development is largely an individual process. Businesses support this process but career management requires individuals to engage on a very personal level and is fundamentally an individual endeavour.
SCM focuses on the growth of innate and already learned behaviours. We work with participants to increase capacity, not meet a pre-established set point. The expansion of a person’s capacity can relate to any type of development from technical expertise to leadership skills.
Why would my team need coaching?
The types of teams who benefit the most from our program:
- Under performing team, not meeting performance targets
- Employees are not satisfied or engaged
- Team leaders are stressed and ineffectively managing their team
- Dysfunctional relationships or conflict between team members
- Tasked with solving complex problems and challenges
How do you know if you are ready for a career change?
If you are asking yourself these questions, then give us a call and have a chat about how we might be able to help:
- Feeling unmotivated or burned out?
- Feeling resentful?
- Not feeling challenged?
- Feeling like you’ve outgrown your role?
- You’ve developed clarity around who you are and want a good fit with what you do?
- Has your job turned you into someone you don’t want to be?
- Stuck in a rut?
- Feel like you don’t fit in?
- Not aligned with your company’s culture?